- understand routine and non-routine problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- identify the situation or problems and identify the mathematical methods needed to solve them
- choose from a range of mathematics to find solutions
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. They have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.
Pearson Edexcel Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level-2
- apply a range of mathematics to find solutions
- use appropriate checking procedures and evaluate their effectiveness at each stage
- interpret and communicate solutions to multistage practical problems in familiar and unfamiliar contexts and situations
- draw conclusions and provide mathematical justifications.
Explore More Courses
To gain the Full UK Driving Licence you must pass both the Driving Theory
“The Life in the United Kingdom Test" is for anyone seeking Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK (ILR)
Functional Skills English qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently,